Friday, April 3, 2015

Man Up Already!!!

This is a rant, really. I have a huge pet peeve. I cannot stand it when people don't take responsibility for their own behaviors, & they either deny all ownership, or they deflect blame to someone else. Far too many people do this. It is difficult to work for a boss who makes the work day unbearable for employees & then blames the employees for their lack of productivity because of the morale that was killed by that boss's behavior & treatment of others. My biggest issue comes from those who know in their heart that they are in the wrong, but they refuse to admit it. Such people would rather see a relationship fail, others hurt or upset, & situations blown out of proportion & made worse, than to admit they were in the wrong & take responsibility for trying to make things right.

I'm not trying to insult anyone reading this who may be that person who has a problem in this area. But honestly, those who simply refuse to take ownership of their own behavior or of the repercussions that their behavior brought to bear, are insecure & self-centered. I'm not being judgmental here. I'm stating a fact.

I have observed that when people consistently & habitually refuse to own up to their mistakes or wrongdoings, & they place the blame on others or on those they have wronged, they are demonstrating that they feel so poorly about themselves that they simply don't have the courage to be vulnerable enough to "man up" (or "woman up" as the case may be) & do what's right. This is cowardly on their part. And then to place the blame onto the one(s) they are hurting is outright self-centered & shameful. What's even worse is when the facts of the person's wrongdoing are presented to them & they will still deny, manipulate & redirect the blame elsewhere, often becoming irate at the very suggestion that they could possibly be in the wrong!!

One person I know has a habitual pattern of being cruel & saying hurtful things. This person will never say they are sorry, but they will show they are sorry by trying to make things right. I can cut that person slack because they clearly don't have the self-confidence to apologize, but they have the decency at least to try to undo the damage their behavior has caused. Then there's a different person who will dig their heels in no matter what, even when it's obvious that they are in the wrong, & they will refuse to take ownership in their consistently inconsiderate & hurtful behavior. This person will turn around & paint the person they are hurting as the one with the problem. I have no respect for people such as this. 

So if you find yourself resembling the latter person in my example above, STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!! You are being selfish & showing a lack of character, maturity & personal integrity. You are being hurtful & mean. It actually takes a mature, self-respecting person to admit when they are wrong & to try to make things right. Failure to do this only demonstrates one's insecurities, selfishness & cowardice. Am I being blunt here? You bet I am!! This is not my typical post, yet I am atypically annoyed at the constant exposure I have had lately, to people such as these, & I wanted to get this off my chest.


 **Have an opinion about this post? I would truly appreciate your feedback in the comment section below, or in the confidential feedback form on this page.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & feedback are welcomed. Please understand that they are subject to approval first, in order to ensure that they are respectful in nature or not generated by robot programs.