Friday, December 20, 2013

No Longer the Victim

I don't need to be a victim.
I don't want to confess my pain.
I don't need to share my heartaches -
I want my dignity back again!!

I will no longer place blame with others
For the things they "should not have" done -
I'm responsible for the present.
I will leave the past alone.

I can't blame my loving family,
Nor my friends, nor someone else,
For the problems in my life - 
I am responsible for myself!!

"Woe is me" is gone forever
From my mouth, where once was home
To a host of negativity,
And where self-pity was free to roam.

I cannot change my history,
Nor undo the wrongs done unto me.
But I can make my future brighter,
By being the best that I can be.

For life's too precious to waste it fretting
Over events of yesterday.
I will live for every moment
And judge my life for just today!!


© Cari Kissel (first written in 1994...edited in 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & feedback are welcomed. Please understand that they are subject to approval first, in order to ensure that they are respectful in nature or not generated by robot programs.