Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Melody's Song

You came suddenly & then were gone.
As in my dream, you were just "there".
Though I was there for you, you couldn't hold on...
And now in grief, I breathe despair.

You are but just a brief memory
Of a tiny brown-haired little girl;
So frail, yet like a sweet melody,
Your song will play in another World.

You're not a dream - you're very real.
I saw you briefly before you were gone.
From my body, death did steal
My precious, tiny, little one.

I thought my grief would claw my soul
And rip my heart from within my chest;
Yet God's loving mercy has made me whole...
Through another precious child, I'm blessed.

I cherish my children as gifts from the Lord...
His abundant kindness is exceedingly great --
Yet I will remember forever, the child I briefly adored,
And our reunion will be well worth the wait!

Love always, your mother
Feb 27, 2001


( © Cari Kissel....This is dedicated to all those who have lost a child through miscarriage or premature death)

 **Have an opinion about this post? I would truly appreciate your feedback in the comment section below, or in the confidential feedback form on this page.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & feedback are welcomed. Please understand that they are subject to approval first, in order to ensure that they are respectful in nature or not generated by robot programs.